The School of Information Technology (SoIT) at Shinawatra University (SIU) is offering scholarships for new students admitted in its BSc in Computer Science (BSCS), MSc in IT (MSIT) and PhD in IT (PhD-IT) programs in this Academic Year 2017 (Aug 2017 – July 2018). Each scholarship can cover up to 75% of tuition fees for the entire program (subject to satisfactory academic performance).
Scholarships Details and Application Deadline:
The scholarship (both Thai and international students are eligible to apply) can cover up to 75% tuition fee Waiver of:
- THB 423,000 (USD 11,432) for BSCS program
- THB 162,000 (USD 4,378) for MSIT program
- THB 360,000 (USD 9,730) for PhD-IT program
- Semester 1/2017 (Aug-2017 Intake): Application Deadline: 15 August 2017
- Semester 2/2017 (January-2018 Intake): Application Deadline: 20 January 2018
Qualifications of Applicants
- For BSCS Program Admission: High school certificate or equivalent
- For MSIT Program Admission: A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or IT or related area
- For PhD-IT Program Admission: A Master’s degree in Computer Science or IT or related area
- Having English Language Proficiency Certificate/Test Score (at least IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 530, or equivalent) is recommended.
How to Apply and Contact
Applying via E-mail
- Download and complete the graduate application form ( pdf – 243KB) or undergrad application form ( pdf – 301KB) and e-mail it together with the required documents to soit @ siu.ac.th.
- General inquiry: soit @ siu.ac.th
- For BSCS Program: Asst. Prof. Dr. Lin Min Myint(lin @ siu.ac.th)
- For MSIT Program: Dr. Aekavute Sujarae (aekavute @ siu.ac.th)
- For PhD-IT Program: Asst. Prof. Dr. Paul Mason (paul @ siu.ac.th)
Selection Criteria and Acceptance Notification
Documentary screening followed by online or telephone interview. Applications are reviewed as soon as they are received. Applicants will be interviewed online or over telephone soon after the review of each application. The university will issue a Letter of Acceptance and an Award Letter of Scholarship to facilitate visa processing!